Starting out, I warped the loom with spaces for 5 (5!) channels. Each panel was worked separately.
Next, the smaller channels were filled with pearls and bicone crystals. So far so good.Then...
When it came to the center, I intended to use navette (pointed oval) crystals in the center and realized that it was going to be extremely difficult adding them to the piece while it was still on the loom. So, I made the preparations to remove the cuff and began finishing the ends. It was then that I made a HUGE mistake. I put the piece down to take a break, picked it up again and CUT OFF THE WARPS OF THE WRONG END! I tried to fix it and patch it up but the more I tried to save it, the worse it got! I so wanted to cry. But I didn't. I took a break, ate something, cleaned up a little, and began again. I had to undo the whole thing so that took up the rest of that day. The following day I began again. It took about 12 hours (with breaks) to finally get the cuff back to the condition you see above. By the time I finished this, I had gotten another idea.
Now that this is finished, I love it even more than my first idea. My experiment change had worked! Believe it or not, this is a strip of RAW (right angle weave) embellished with crystals. So it is possible for off-loom and on-loom techniques to work together. I might have another idea for this cuff so stay tuned!